Tasmanians want a sound, visionary Planning system
There is growing community dissatisfaction with the Tasmanian Government's approach to Planning and the statewide Planning Scheme law reforms which favour short-term ad hoc commercial development at the expense of community social and environmental values and our collective future well-being.
The Tasmanian Planning Information Network (TasPIN) vision is for a statewide Planning system delivering the best possible sustainable future for Tasmania's social, economic and environmental well-being.
TasPIN is focusing on acceptable solutions and best practice planning to ensure liveable, healthy and connected communities.
TasPIN is calling for:
- Sound, integrated, outcomes-focused strategic planning to guide the best possible sustainable future for Tasmania
- Planning processes that inform, inspire, involve, and are trusted by the community. Read more.
HERITAGE in HOBART
The impact of planning legislation
Sat 28 August 2021, 9:30am - 12:30pm
HCC Conference Centre, behind the Hobart Town Hall
Students free, all others $20
All Tasmanian Councils will be affected
Whilst the focus is built Heritage in Hobart, all Tasmanian Councils are similarly affected. All will face regulatory changes and challenges in the transition from interim schemes to the Tasmanian Planning Scheme.
*Reservations are required as numbers are limited
TasPIN will observe all COVID gathering guidelines and monitors the government advice line. Updates will be supplied prior to the date, as required.
What are you interested in?
- Quotable Quotes
- Food for thought - featured articles, letters, viewpoints.
- Why these planning reforms matter - Understand more about why so many Tasmanians and community groups are deeply concerned by the Tasmanian Government's approach to Planning and the new Planning Scheme law.
- Planning for Tasmania's sustainable future - a better approach for creating the best possible future for our collective well-being.
- Is this the future you want to see? - "A picture paints a thousand words" - see examples of what the government's State Planning Provisions will mean in practice. See how photos could be harnessed by Planning authorities to facilitate meaningful community discussion and involvement in Planning for a shared vision of the best possible sustainable future for local areas, regions and our beautiful island State of Tasmania.
- What Tasmania's political parties have to say - Planning election matters
- What is TasPIN calling for?
- What You Can Do
- PLEASE MAKE A DONATION - Please support our efforts to encourage better Planning for better outcomes for Tasmania
- About TasPIN
Join our growing network of supporters
Please join our growing network of TasPIN supporters in Hobart and across Tasmania. To receive email updates, details of meetings, make a donation or offer other support, please contact us. Please indicate the level of contact you would like to receive: Regular: receive updates about TasPIN meetings and related events; Occasional: receive occasional alerts to major public Planning forums, town-hall meetings, important government consultation processes etc; or None: No correspondence please, but add my name to TasPIN's list of supporters.
We encourage everyone to engage positively and constructively at all levels to help build momentum for an exemplary Planning system for Tasmania.